Donations ? 6 years 4 months ago #1

• john
  • Localtime: 13:00
  • Europe/Bucharest
@Erik Folberth
If I am right, you're the "factory"'s CEO, aren't you? So, via your person I'd like to congratulate the development team for the excellent quality of the support, even concerning the "free"-labelled products (I'm currently using the BlogFactory). Always quick reaction, good advice and quick provision of patches. In compensation I (and perhaps many other beneficiary users) would have liked to actuate a modest contribution to your "return-on-investment" in form of a donation. Other sites offer this possibility ("donate a café"). Why wouldn't you?

best regards / john
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Donations ? 6 years 4 months ago #2

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi John,

we had something similar over 10 years ago, when we started the project, but unfortunately, we received only 2 donations back then, so we decided to remove this from our page. During the past years we also received 2 more donations, upon request like in this case.

Even without it, our plan is to support the Joomla Community as much as we can, until it won't be possible anymore and we will move to another CMS. Unfortunately, over the last 2 years, the Joomla Community got smaller and smaller. Our hope is that the Joomla "management" will learn from it's past mistakes (as ex. here I would mention the new format of the JED directory; I've written here an article about it thephpfactory.com/articles/1402-case-study-joomla-org ) and focus more on making the Joomla accessible to everybody, increase it's intuitivity (for any beginner level as webmaster, especially when setting up the backend) and also see the developers as real partners, helping the community to expand. Our hopes are that the community will rebirth, and that for us it will be possible to maintain our current portfolio of extensions and why not, even add some more; we have plenty of ideas, all we need is a strong and powerful community.

Thank you for your appreciation! I have to say the words mean allot! Usually the satisfied customers are the ones you don't here about, not even a positive review on JED or similar. We are always trying to offer a good extension and maintain it trough the years, so that any web-page using it, to have continuity and to offer it's best to it's visitors.

For any donations with credit card, bankwire or Paypal you can use the following link:
thephpfactory.com/custom-programming-services-solutions
It has only a 10 to 10 increment, since it's usually used for custom work development, where a user is selecting x units, after we quoted earlier)
Also without the above link, it can go directly to our Paypal address:
paypal (at) thephpfactory.com - here there are no increments :)

Thank you again for your appreciation and wish all the best for this year!
Erik
thePHPfactory Team
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Erik F.

Donations ? 6 years 4 months ago #3

• john
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello Erik
I've just completed the donation payment ("order" no. 23176 of Jan 18th 2018) :-)
Please note the three "ghost" orders of yesterday which have to be cancelled. In fact I started the payment yesterday but I was confronted with receiving 3 emails for 3 different orders, so I aborted the operation.
In the meantime I remarked that when being on the Checkout page every time you change the payment method a new order is generated!!! This have to be asap fixed!

best regards / john

Donations ? 6 years 4 months ago #4

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi John,

you are right, each time a new payment method is selected, a new order is generated, BUT we tweaked the shop extension to have everything on a single page and this was the downside. For us it was more important that the user has a speedy and comprehensive experience on the website. Do not bother about the other generated orders, since all orders not followed by a valid payment are disregarded and deleted at a later point!

THANK YOU for your donation and appreciation!
Best regards,
Erik
thePHPfactory Team