Wall Factory is a Joomla! extension which allows developers to create a community website where users can collaborate, share messages, news, videos and images freely.
The best part about Wall Factory is that it makes the world a smaller place and it is free to download and use. No encryption and no limitations whatsoever.
| || |
Layout & Themes
- Default responsive template
- Fully customizable CSS
| || |
- Every user can create his own wall
- Post messages on walls along with attached media files (photos, audio, documents, embedded videos)
- Users can watch or download media files
- Guest posting
- Commenting system
- Email notifications
- Reporting system for offending posts and comments
- Follow and manage followed walls
- User avatars
- Bookmarking websites (Digg, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Quick search module and plugin
| || |
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
| || |
- Configurable profile details (name, gender, birthday, about me)
- Wall name and settings (pagination and notifications)
- Customizable avatar (upload own avatar or use Gravatar or CB avatar)
| || |
- Enable/disable available media types (images, videos, mp3 files, URLs, document files)
- Enable and set up avatars
- Allow guests to view or to post on walls
- Enable and set up notifications
- Enable/disable bookmarks
- Enable/disable Gravatar
- Set displayed user title (Joomla! username, wall alias or Joomla! name)
- Enable and set up commenting system
- Restrict certain user groups from creating blogs
- Define the list of banned words
- Allow CB avatars
- Enable and set up ReCaptcha
| || |
3rd Party Integrations
- Community Builder integration including a Wall Posts tab plugin
- Social media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Delicious)
- Embedded video integration (Youtube, MySpace, Vimeo, Metacafe, Howcast)
| || |
- 4 email notifications (new post, new reported post, new comment, new reported comment)
- Customizable email templates
| || |
- User management
- Reports management
- Customize bookmarking website
- Dashboards containing several statistics and information
| || |
- Joomla! 4.x, 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.4 +)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- mbstring PHP extension
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
Wall Factory 4.1.4 released on September 30, 2019.
- Fixed issues regarding uppercase photo filename when uploading, reading exif data.
Wall Factory 4.1.3 released on July 12, 2019.
- New feature: auto rotate phone photos if necessary and if php compiled with exif support.
- Optimization: auto rotate phone taken avatars if necessary and if php compiled with exif support.
- Fixed issues regarding removed the font used (now the extension will use the template font), lazy load images after submitting a new post with images.
Wall Factory 4.1.2 released on May 28, 2019.
- New feature: added option to restrict the avatar source. The administrator can chose to: 1. allow users to use whatver avatar source they want or 2. to restrict the avatar source and all users will use just that
- Optimization: small visual improvements on the backend.
- Optimization: added links for backend statistics dashboard panel items.
- Optimization: added user avatar on dashboard most active users panel.
- Optimization: display current avatar on backend on users list and user
- Fixed issues regarding avatar upload when upload is disabled, video lazy loading on Latest Posts on Profile page, backend sidebar display, guest avatar when posting, error when sending a notification, but no notification was
defined or published in the backend, Communitiy Builder unapproved avatars being used.
Wall Factory 1.0.0 released on December 8, 2010.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
We provide the demo-server for testing purposes, where visitors can access the frontend and also the backend area. The important features are usually available on the demo-server, while some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) are disabled.
Keep in mind that for our Joomla! extensions supporting Smarty templates, the display is fully customizable also through our own product templates, otherwise the display remains flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through the CSS files.
Please note that the demo-server is set on an hourly reset, meaning that any changes will be at some point erased and the initial values restored.
We offer our extensions without encryption, in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, therefore we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption, each webmaster can modify the code in order to suit their own particular requirements (detailed information under our Terms & Conditions).
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation which describes in detail, all available features and settings of the extension:
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For any product information please use the available form on the Contact Us page.