Images not uploading via wall posts 2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Josh Davies
  • Localtime: 20:00
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi,

Wall Factory Version 4.1.3
I'm having problems uploading images via the wall on wall factory. I have the icon for uploading image (i've set a number for uploads in the backend) and I'm able to click the icon and bring up the window for selecting the image file but then I run into problems.
1. I'm still having the problem where if file extensions are in capital letters it won't upload the file. I've seen this problem posted already on the forum but replies said it had been fixed in a newer version of wall factory?
2. Not ideal but I can work around problem 1 by renaming the files in lower case. However, i'm still unable to upload the image. The website just hangs and i get a ghost image link in the post. If i click the image link I get the following error:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /media/com_wallfactory/storage/media/photo/000/000/000/002/ on this server.

I am able to upload images under other circumstances such as in articles or for the profile avatars.

Please advise.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Images not uploading via wall posts 2 weeks 8 hours ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

1. We've just released a new version that contains a fix regarding this.

2. Unable to replicate issue on local test server.

Did the upload work before and now it just stopped working? Or it never worked?
Make sure that the storage folder is writable and that you have the GD extension enabled.

When uploading a photo, the temporary thumbnail presented before the actual upload is stored in Joomla's temporary folder. Make sure that this folder is also writeable.
thePHPfactory Customer Support
Last Edit: 2 weeks 8 hours ago by Erik Folberth.

Images not uploading via wall posts 2 weeks 54 minutes ago #3

• Josh Davies
  • Europe/Bucharest
i'm looking at the new version of Wall Factory but the updating procedure is a little unclear. The update link in joomla backend just sends me to your products page.

Do I just install the new version onto my site and it will update? Do I have to uninstall the old version? Will I lose any data? Please explain.

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #4

• Josh Davies
  • Europe/Bucharest
Okay so I got the update working. Can just install the new version over the top without losing data.

I'm still having problems with uploading images onto the wall. The new update appears to have resolved the first problem and it's now accepting files with lowercase file extensions. However, it is still the case with all image files that the service hangs during upload.

I have reinstalled the website on localhost so that the folders should all be writable. I've also browsed through and it appears that some stuff is being written to the folders but its hanging half way through. See images attached..... I would attach images but there appears to be a problem with your attachments function on your forum too. I select the file to upload, then nothing happens.

I've uploaded images to imgbb for u.

ibb.co/gmcsXRr
ibb.co/H25dRX4
ibb.co/tmJW5H9
ibb.co/fN6sKj6
Last Edit: 1 week 6 days ago by Josh Davies.

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #5

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
If you access using windows explorer the folder with photos (the one in the fourth photo) are there any images there? Can you open them with an image viewer?

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #6

• Josh Davies
  • Europe/Bucharest
There are files present like the one shown in ibb.co/tmJW5H9 but these are not image files and cannot be opened in an image viewer.

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #7

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
We've just released a new build (same version) that may contain a fix regarding this. Download and upgrade (install over) and let us know if the issue persists.

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #8

• Josh Davies
  • Europe/Bucharest
Thanks. At work at the moment but will test later this evening.

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 6 days ago #9

• Josh Davies
  • Europe/Bucharest
I can confirm that the new build is working successfully. Thanks for the effort :-)

Images not uploading via wall posts 1 week 5 days ago #10

• Erik Folberth
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi Josh,

If you have the time we would be happy to receive a review under:

extensions.joomla.org/extension/wall-factory/

We are lacking reviews since unfortunately, satisfied customers rarely return to leave reviews, and most of the times we receive only revenge reviews, for situations outside our support range. Such low rated revenge reviews don't help a potential new user or us, nor the Joomla community. Since we started developing Joomla extensions 10 years ago, we have noticed that if a product is well rated, it's a win-win situation for everybody. Having a larger user base for a certain product means more and variate user feedback which are helping us to continuously improve the product and by thus bringing some financial resources that further help and sustain the development of the specified extension over a longer period of time, as we are striving with all our extensions.

Thank you for your time!
thePHPfactory Team