New site, I have a few questions 9 years 1 month ago #1

• Brian Landers
  • Localtime: 07:56
  • Europe/Bucharest
I apologize for the length of this post.

1.Vote registered successfuly!

Before a vote is registered, the picture position is great! But once a vote is registered it moves the picture down slightly, and you have to scroll down a bit to see the next picture better.

Is it possible to turn this off all together? Just going to the next picture and showing the 'last voted' thumbnail is good enough for me.

2.There are no more images to vote! Sorry!  (I know this is discussed in the forum, see this as a feature request for now)

Once a user has voted on all the pictures they see this warning. Is there a way to just switch to a ... random gallery ... rather than just show this warning with no picture.

3.Voting Interval

If I set this to 0, I know that will get rid of the warning above. But if I do set this to 0 will it cycle through all the pictures randomly before it shows one twice? Or will it just show pictures randomly, possibly even the same picture? (not a big deal with a high photo count)

4.Alpha Userpoints

I saw a post for this, and I just want to put in my "vote" for an enhancement in the future. -- I would like to do something like, a point per picture rating and a number of points per uplaod (something along those lines).

I dont think it will take a lot to integrate this program with Alphaplug.

5. Attempting some of these modifications on my own

Excerpt from your Terms and Conditions -

"The customer can modify them to match his purpose, but with no further distribution (free or commercial) in any form."

I just want to confirm that If I attempt to make some of these changes on my own I am not overstepping any boundries. Obviously if I "break" anything I will reinstall the unmodified code, and if I am successful in any changes I make I will not share them in any way.

P.S. - Love the plugin! I am really looking forward to launching the site in the near future. Thanks!

-NeoenY152
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New site, I have a few questions 9 years 1 month ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

1. If you mean the "Vote registered successfuly!" confirmation message, edit [Joomla dir]/components/com_hotornot/controller.php and change line 64 from:
$mainframe->redirect('index.php?option=com_hotornot&Itemid=' . $Itemid, $msg);

to:
$mainframe->redirect('index.php?option=com_hotornot&Itemid=' . $Itemid);

2. We'll take your request into consideration for the next releases.

3. Yes, it just shows pictures randomly.

5. You can modify as you please the code for the site you are using the license. No further distribution (partial or complete) allowed and of course no support will be provided.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

Re: New site, I have a few questions 9 years 1 month ago #3

• Brian Landers
  • Europe/Bucharest
Sorry for my belated thank you, busy with the holidays (as Im sure everyone else is)

The fix for number one worked like a charm. Thank you very much!

Have a happy holidays.

-Brian