Meaning in log file 5 years 5 months ago #1

• Marina
  • Localtime: 06:46
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi all,

Still very happy with this extension and it works great.
However, I would like to know the meaning of the flags as shown in the logfile. I tried to add a file with a screenshot, but it is not taking it for some reason. So here are some examples:
{"username":5,"email":0,"ip":0}
{"username":1,"email":46,"ip":9}
{"username":6,"email":0,"ip":0}
{"username":18,"email":0,"ip":0}
I am asking as I don't quite understand why some submissions were actually flagged as being spam, while there was nothing wrong with the user name or email address.

Thanks!

PS: it did attach the file when submitting this post, but that wasn't clear when writing the post.
Last Edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Marina.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Meaning in log file 5 years 5 months ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

It shows the reason why the entry was marked as spam.

More exactly, if you enabled "StopForumSpam Filtering" then the email, username and ip address are checked using the StopForumSpam service and a frequency of how many times it was marked as spam is returned for each term.

So, for a blocked request with the flag: {"username":1,"email":46,"ip":9} it means that the username used had a frequency of 1, the email address used had a frequency of 46 and the ip address used had a frequency of 9.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

Meaning in log file 5 years 5 months ago #3

• Marina
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi Alexandru,

Thanks, that is making sense, sort of. As to the email address being used 46 times, is that coming from a database that you check against? As in theory it is possible that one has 46 logins at several sites? I am wondering, because in the screenshot I would think that 3 of the rejected persons should/could be legit?

Meaning in log file 5 years 5 months ago #4

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Yes, that data is coming directly from the StopForumSpam service. The frequency means how many times it was marked as spam.

You can configure from the extensions settings page, the minimum frequency for a request to be marked as spam.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

Meaning in log file 5 years 5 months ago #5

• Marina
  • Europe/Bucharest
Thanks Alexandru!