Question around Spam Protect Factory 5 years 9 months ago #1

• Davide Marchi
  • Localtime: 09:05
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi Friends,
some of my Joomla sites send via "/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php" about eight spam emails a month regularly, from "ru" domains or "yandex" domains"
I tried to deepen the question and it seems that these are "human" items.
To block them I tried to install "Spam Protect Factory" but with no luck.

Where I'm wrong?
Otherwise I would like to understand if Spam Protect Factory is useful for my situation.

Here my setup:

Many thanks!

Davide
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Davide Marchi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Question around Spam Protect Factory 5 years 9 months ago #2

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
What exactly are you trying to block?
Have you checked the extension documentation?
wiki.thephpfactory.com/doku.php?id=jooml...mprotectfactory:logs

Which feature of the extension are you using and what exactly is the issue you have encountered?
thePHPfactory Team

Question around Spam Protect Factory 5 years 9 months ago #3

• Davide Marchi
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi Erik Folberth and thanks for your kind reply!

An example that what I would block is:

[05-Aug-2018 14:16:03 Europe/Berlin] mail() on [/var/www/mysite.it/public_html/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:702]: To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. -- Headers: Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 14:16:03 +0200 From: Horse <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> Reply-To: sommemires <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> Message-ID: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
[05-Aug-2018 14:16:03 Europe/Berlin] mail() on [/var/www/mysite.it/public_html/libraries/vendor/phpmailer/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:702]: To: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. -- Headers: Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 14:16:03 +0200 From: Horse <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> Reply-To: sommemires <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> Message-ID: <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

I was installed "Spam Protect Factory" but the spammer managed to send spam anyway.
Dashboard and Logs have not recorded anything.
"Spam Protect Factory" could be useful for these kind of situations?

Many thanks again!
Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Davide Marchi.

Question around Spam Protect Factory 5 years 9 months ago #4

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
I presume you did not checked the extension documentation, where all the extension features are clearly explained.
From what I understand you site has been hacked, allowing such email to be sent from your site.
thePHPfactory Team

Question around Spam Protect Factory 5 years 9 months ago #5

• Davide Marchi
  • Europe/Bucharest
ok.