Cron work 6 years 5 months ago #1

• Andrea
  • Localtime: 08:31
  • Europe/Bucharest
Dear PHP Factory,
I made a cron link According to the description, but it was still wrong.
I wrote to my hosting provider and they helped.
(cPanel, Joomla 3.8.2)

The correct cron job that works well:
/ usr / local / bin / php /home/CPANELUSERNAME/public_html/components/com_rssfactory/helpers/refresh.php WITHOUT PASSWORD !!!

Could this help others. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cron work 6 years 5 months ago #2

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Our CRON documentation is only a guideline and should be matched with the one from the CRON service provider, since it might also be different from one provider to another one.
thePHPfactory Team

Cron work 6 years 3 months ago #3

• Andrea
  • Europe/Bucharest
First of all I would like to thank you for this work, RSS Factory is the best rss component!
I tried several joomla modules, but none were as nice and good as the RSS Factory.
I use it for 4 months, with more or less success, but perhaps today I understood it completely.

The order of the settings is very important!
1. I set up 22 categories and 134 news portal rss links, 10 news/feeds, but I did not update!

2. After I got ready, I set the "Cron Job script time limit" for 300 seconds, "Memory limit" to 200 MB, "Pseudo Cron interval" for 1800 seconds. Before it, plg_system_rssfactory plugin must be enabled.

(note: SYSTEM INFO tab: Site local time: Europe / Budapest, Gmt time: 2018-01-29 08:40:12 but real time: 09:43 so the Gmt time shows 1 hour less)

3. I updated the feeds manually. 1 page 10 pieces. If I updated 20, I got a 503 error code.

4. I set the password for cron work: 12345 (example only) and then saved and received the cron job link.

5. In the System Info tab I saw that "Curl Support" is enabled, so i cron work as cPanel document described by my hosting provider:
curl "http : // mydomain.com/ components/ com_rssfactory/ helpers/ refresh.php ? password=12345"
Space is only between CURL and links! Not the apostrophe, but the link between quotes.

(In the 4 months I've seen 18 cron jobs: I've also posted on RSS Factory's documents, on the Internet and my hosting provider.
I also tried the google script cron work, which worked only for a while)

6. I entered the cPanel interface and at 10:15 am I deny the cron work. The cron will work every 15 minutes.

7. At 10:30 the cron ran, I got the email. The email was large, there was no complete upgrade, and there was a 503 error code.

8. At 10:45 the cron ran, but there was no mistake!
I looked at the joomla admin panel on the Feeds tab in the "Last refresh" column. All links were updated at 10:45!

Thanks for your work ThePhPFactory!

I had to write it because I am very happy now!
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andrea.