Silver / Gold featured - what is the behavior? 4 years 6 months ago #1

• PHP User
  • Localtime: 06:46
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi everyone,

I need a clear explanation of the featured questions (Silver/Gold) so that I can describe it for our users.

JAnswers offers 2 ways to feature a question: Gold and Silver.

It is not clear from the JAnswers user documentation how this works, or more important - what does the user get when they pay to boost their question?

1. What does Silver do to the user's question - specifically is it moved to a top-ten list, is it shown at the top of the list in its category, etc.?
2. What does Gold do, if different from Silver - what makes the Gold option better than the Silver option?
3. Upgrading from Silver to Gold - can I set a price for users to upgrade that takes into account their previous Silver payment?

Example: Silver costs $1 and Gold costs $2. User buys Silver for $1. The question is featured (as a Silver level question). The user thinks Silver is not good enough and wants to upgrade to Gold. They have already paid $1 for Silver. Do they pay $1 more for Gold, or do they pay $2 more (total of $3)? If a user has already paid $1 for Silver, they might expect to be able to pay just $1 more to get Gold, instead of buying that level for $2 more, since other users can buy only the Gold for $2 (instead of $3).

I just need details on what JAnswers is doing with the user's question, how it charges users for the levels, and whether a user can upgrade between Silver and Gold.

Your help is much appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Silver / Gold featured - what is the behavior? 4 years 5 months ago #2

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Localtime: 06:46
  • Europe/Bucharest

LOCKED VIEW - ANSWERS ARE NOT VISIBLE

This is a private forum, open ONLY to licensed customers!

You can purchase a license and the correspondent forum board will be unlocked.

In case of an already existing valid license, just login with your account and you will have access to the complete board.

thePHPfactory Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.