HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #1

• PHP User
  • Localtime: 15:22
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello again,

I want to display a grid of images on the first page of HOT or NOT.

I have set up an Article for HOT or NOT and added this code into the Article: {loadmodule mod_hotornotfactory_items}

The items appear in a single column down the page vertically.

I want to display the Latest Media in my article in a grid as shown in the Demo (see attached).

Is there a "load module" command that I can use to display the latest items in a grid?

Your help is appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

You can achieve this by using css rules to style the display to something that suits your needs.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #3

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

I just want to do the same thing that you show in your demo. :-)

On your demo site, you display a grid of thumbnails of the Latest Media Uploads, shown in the content area of the page.

I want to display that grid of thumbnails in my Article. Is that a module? Can I display that module on a page?

Are you indicating that your demo was built with custom CSS and not solely using the component?

Can you provide an example of the CSS that you used to create the page shown in the attached image?

Thanks for your help.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #4

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
The photo you attached is of another view of the component. The module is using another view, different from the one you mentioned.

If you want to obtain exactly the same markup and css, you need to update the module layout code with code from the other layout.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #5

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello,

Apologies, I think I sent the wrong image. See the attached image for the page layout I was referring to. This one shows how I would like to lay out my page.

Is there a module that I can display, such as latest media, via a command similar to {loadmodule mod_hotornotfactory_items} ?

Also, when you say to update the module layout code with code from another layout, can you tell me which layout to copy from, and which to copy to?

I do not see a module that specifically seems to be displaying latest media - I would expect it to be called "mod_hotornotfactory_latestitems" or similar.

I am not a programmer, so I will need to be able to explain this to our developer.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #6

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
"Is there a module that I can display, such as latest media, via a command similar to {loadmodule mod_hotornotfactory_items} ?
There is no such feature implemented.

"Also, when you say to update the module layout code with code from another layout, can you tell me which layout to copy from, and which to copy to?"
components/com_hotornotfactory/views/items/tmpl/default.php to modules/mod_hotornotfactory_items/tmpl/default.php
Take note, that other changes might be required to make this work. Php and Joomla knowledte is required.

"I do not see a module that specifically seems to be displaying latest media - I would expect it to be called "mod_hotornotfactory_latestitems" or similar."
To display latest media, use the mod_hotornotfactory_items module and select Latest Added from the module's Display items option.

More info on how to use the loadmodule option here: docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_put_a_module_inside_an_article%3F

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #7

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello again,

I have displayed the items module in the article, and selected Latest Added display items option. This works, although I need to solve the problem of how those images are displayed on the site's home page (which is an article).

When I look at your demo server, there is a link to "Latest Media" which displays a page with a nice-looking grid of images. I have that link on my site, also. I want that grid of Latest Media to also display in the article that is the home page of my Hot or Not site. So, it seems that the desired formatting already exists, but just needs to be able to be displayed in an article (probably as a module).

This is why I asked if there is a "Latest Images" type of module that can be displayed in an article. The site appears as if it already has this layout elsewhere.

The home page in your demo is all text, and no images. I think anyone who is creating a "Hot or Not" image rating site would likely want to be able to display a grid of the latest media on the first page that the user sees. Having only text on the home page is not attractive, and will cause the user to exit the site quickly, if there are no items visible prominently on the home page. The vertical format of the items module does not work well for displaying the images prominently in the main content area, especially when the page is viewed on a laptop.

I would like to suggest that HOT or NOT include a module to display the nice-looking grid of the latest media.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, would your team be willing to add this type of module to the product?

Your help is appreciated.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #8

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
We'll take your request into consideration for the next releases of the extension.

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #9

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Thank you - I am very interested in having a module to display the nice-looking grid of the latest media, so that it can be displayed on the home page of the Hot or Not component.
When do you think this will be released?

HOT or NOT -How to display latest images in a grid 4 years 4 months ago #10

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
There is no ETA regarding this.