HOT or NOT - how to display categories? 4 years 4 months ago #1

• PHP User
  • Localtime: 15:02
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello again,

I want to display the list of categories on my site.

I want users to be able to select a category, and then do the Hot or Not rating on that category.

I am currently using this code inside an Article:

{loadmodule mod_hotornotfactory_categories}

It displays an alphabetized bullet-list of categories vertically down the page. With a long list, this looks awkward on the page. Also, there is no distinction between categories and subcategories.

For example, I want a list like this:

* Hats
- Cowboy hats
- Fedoras
* Shoes
- Boots
- Sandals

But what I see on the page is like this, with the subcategories mixed with the categories, alphabetically:

* Boots
* Cowboy hats
* Fedoras
* Hats
* Sandals
* Shoes

I noticed that in the media posting page there is a drop-down list of the categories, which has the sub-categories, in the correct order.

Can I have a drop-down list like this on my Article (similar to the category drop-down on your forum), and if so, what is the command to display that?

Your help is appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HOT or NOT - how to display categories? 4 years 4 months ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

We've just released a new version that contains some fixes regarding this:
- the list is now properly indented to show categories and subcategories
- we've added a new module layout: dropdown; select it to display categories in a dropdown.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

HOT or NOT - how to display categories? 4 years 4 months ago #3

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello,

I just installed the latest version of Hot or Not. I also selected the "Dropdown" module layout.

I removed the {loadmodule mod_hotornotfactory_categories} from inside the article and instead have placed it in the Sidebar position.

On most of the pages (Latest, Top Rated, Last Voted) the format of the Dropdown is formatted differently from how it looks on the Media Upload page.

On the Upload Media page, it has a CSS layout, and it shows the first selection inside the Dropdown. This is true for both on the page and in the sidebar.

On all the other pages, where the Dropdown is in the sidebar, it shows up as a Joomla default style with no text inside the Dropdown.

Can you fix this so that the button uses the CSS layout that was supplied with the product for the Upload Media view?

Your help is appreciated.

HOT or NOT - how to display categories? 4 years 4 months ago #4

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
We've just released a new build (same version) of the extension, that contains a change regarding this.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

HOT or NOT - how to display categories? 4 years 4 months ago #5

• PHP User
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello,

I have just put in an update request so that I can receive the new build (same release number).

Thanks.
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by PHP User.