Chat (and site) Collapse with Thousands of Users 6 years 5 months ago #1

• JomaSpa
  • Localtime: 10:18
  • Europe/Bucharest
Greetings.

I have nearly 5,000 users in my website and I have to tell you that Chat Factory is not ready to manage such a number (not much less either).

Its front-end allows a series of options to be set in the Display area. One of them to choose between “Friends” or “Friends and Registered Users” to be displayed on a list, as detailed or compact profiles.

Regardless you choose detailed or compact profiles (this last option displays just a tiny picture, the status and the profile name), it is absolutely impossible for any device to cope with, for instance, 4,500 users in the case the “Friends-and-Registered-Users” option had been selected.

Unless you are using some supercomputing system.

I had considered the problem some months ago, when there were a few hundreds of users in my site, but now I cannot postpone the problem any longer. Moreover when I have already received many complaints from users informing that the chat simply does not work, blocking also the use of the website.

The reality is that the most of them – or all of them – choose to display all the registered users in the hope to have a comprehensive listing of them to get more opportunities to contact and being contacted by potential candidates, which leads to a collapse of the browser.

Even using a PC and a high-speed connection to the Internet, it takes some time to see the beginning of the list on the chat popup, which in my case is a never-ending succession of divs in the code. Literally thousands of them.

Like as said, the worst thing is that it is not just the chat what collapses, but the entire site since it is being displayed by the same browser.

I bought this extension and will buy it again in the next months when my license expires, but you will have to make some modification to remove such option or replace it for another one (“friends and online users” would be an excellent decision) because the current version simply does not work in my case or any other with a large number of registered users.

We already solved another very similar problem (the same in fact) in the case of the user map feature in Love Factory:

thephpfactory.com/forum/love-factory/193...p-and-radiusearching

More than several hundred users caused a collapse of the browser, which has already solved by adding the option to use simple markers in the General Settings.

Please fix it as soon as you can because my users cannot use neither the chat nor the site after clicking on the famous “Chat Now” link.

Thanks very much.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by JomaSpa.
The topic has been locked.

Chat (and site) Collapse with Thousands of Users 6 years 5 months ago #2

• JomaSpa
  • Europe/Bucharest

LOCKED VIEW - ANSWERS ARE NOT VISIBLE

This is a private forum, open ONLY to licensed customers!

You can purchase a license and the correspondent forum board will be unlocked.

In case of an already existing valid license, just login with your account and you will have access to the complete board.

Chat (and site) Collapse with Thousands of Users 6 years 5 months ago #3

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest

In case of an already existing valid license, just login with your account and you will have access to the complete board.

thePHPfactory Team

Chat (and site) Collapse with Thousands of Users 6 years 5 months ago #4

• JomaSpa
  • Europe/Bucharest

Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by JomaSpa.

Chat (and site) Collapse with Thousands of Users 6 years 5 months ago #5

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest

thePHPfactory Team