Questions & Answers 14 years 5 months ago #1

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Localtime: 13:56
  • Europe/Bucharest

Q: BROWSE IMAGES FROM LOCAL PC. I just purchased your Blog component. Overall I am very impressed. I am having an issues though. There is no way to browse your pc and ad an image. When I upload the image file to the server and provide the link the image shows up as a broken image icon.

A: Go to the component settings, on the "USER FOLDER QUOTE" tab and set "ENABLE USER FOLDER" to "YES". Then when WRITING A NEW post there will be an icon MEDIA MANAGEMENT. There you can add images from the local computer.
thePHPfactory Team
The topic has been locked.

Using the Joomla's editor in Deluxe Blog Factory 1.2.1 14 years 1 month ago #2

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Q: Is there any way to turn off the use of Tiny MCE editor and let the blog posts default to the Joomla default editor?
I use by default on all components wysiwygPro3 as an editor and need to have a consistent appearance and functionality for all components.
If code changes are required please direct me to the relevant file so I can amend the PHP myself.

A: Using the Joomla's editor in Deluxe Blog Factory (1.2.1)

1. Edit [Joomla dir]/components/com_blogfactory/writepost/view.html.php and add on line 60:

$editor =& JFactory::getEditor();
$this->assignRef('editor', $editor);

2. Edit [Joomla dir]/components/com_blogfactory/writepost/tmpl/default.php

- replace lines 30 to 32 from:

<textarea name="blogfactory-content" id="blogfactory-content" class="" style="width: 92%; height: 460px;">
              <?php echo $this->post->content; ?>
            </textarea>

to:

<?php echo $this->editor->display('blogfactory-content', $this->post->content, '100%', '550', '75', '20'); ?>
thePHPfactory Team

How to Update 13 years 7 months ago #3

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Upgrading to a newer version

Before upgrading to a newer version, you should always BACKUP your entire Joomla installation, just in case something goes wrong. This can be done using a backup component (you can find a list right here).

How to upgrade:
1. Use the Update Request form found on the Contact Us page to receive the latest version (or remake) of the component.

2. Create a backup file from your current Deluxe Blog Factory installation.

a) Go to: backend -> Deluxe Blog Factory -> Settings -> Backup & Restore tab -> Backup fieldset

b) If you want to include the current settings in the backup file, set "Include settings" to Yes.

c) If you want to include the bookmarks' logos in the backup file, set "Include bookmarks'" logos to Yes.

d) Click on the Create Backup button, wait for the backup file to be created and then save it to a safe location.

d) Backup the storage folder (using a FTP client or any other method; the location of the storage folder can be found on the Backup page).

Important!
What will the backup file contain?
- all the data found in the database: blogs, posts, comments, bookmarks etc.

What will the backup file NOT contain?
- users' avatars and folders. You will have to backup manually the storage folder, and restore it after the upgrade. The storage folder location can be found on the backup page.
- changes made to the templates
- language files

3. Uninstall current version of Deluxe Blog Factory.

4. Install the latest version of the component downloaded at step 1.

5. Restore the backup file created at step 2.

a) Go to: backend -> Love Factory -> Settings -> Backup & Restore tab -> Restore fieldset

b) at Backup file select the backup file created at step 2.

c) Click on the Restore Backup button.

d) Restore the storage folder.

The upgrade process is now complete.
thePHPfactory Team

How to change number of posts per page 11 years 2 months ago #4

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
To change the numbe of posts shown per page,
edit [Joomla dir]\components\com_blogfactory\models\posts.php and change line 31 from:
$this->_limit = JRequest::getVar('limit', 20, 'REQUEST', 'integer');
to:
$this->_limit = JRequest::getVar('limit', XX, 'REQUEST', 'integer');
Replace XX with the number of posts per page (eg: 10)
thePHPfactory Team