login module affecting site preview(site not live) 2 years 8 months ago #1

• Pam Vernon
  • Localtime: 13:56
  • Europe/Bucharest
I installed the blog extension. Because I see it is a bit beyond my expertise & time available I decided to just uninstall. My site I've just built is not live yet. When I uninstall the blog package I can no longer view the site in preview mode. If I reinstall I can. And the login form appears at the center top of the front page. I think it may have something to do with my logging in to test it.

If I publish or unpublish all the modules the login to 'blog' appears there anyway. Somehow it is related to the Joomla login module but I cannot work it out.
None of the modules are displaying either.
If I click on other pages they do work but when I open the preview of the site, the login is there. I cannot seem to disable it.

Perhaps someone can help. I would be very grateful & will be taking greater care next time.
If you cannot help can you please point me in the right direction to get help.

The screenshots seem not to be uploading here??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

login module affecting site preview(site not live) 2 years 8 months ago #2

• Pam Vernon
  • Localtime: 13:56
  • Europe/Bucharest
This is sorted now and am adding a link I found that helped me do that. I could not delete all of Blog Factory's package ws left with a menu item that wouldn't delete because it was a default menu item. This link helped me sort that:

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=153453
The administrator has disabled public write access.