• Page:

place here your Suggestions-- Best Practices Forum 7 years 6 months ago #11

• john
  • Localtime: 11:39
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello Erik

I participated to the forum discussion "Write a New Post - text box is missing" ca. one month ago. Since I'm using the BlogFactory on a "alpha" test site only, I couldn't yet bring it in a mature state for my productive site (it's me perhaps...).

Nevertheless one discrepancy in the features catalogue should be eliminated (I think so): asymmetry between the configuration of the "posts" module and the "posts" menu item: the first allows for MULTIPLE categories selection, the second for a SINGLE one only. (think at the Joomla login module and menu item having different results...).

With this occasion, a remark on doc: the table of contents on the Configuration page (wiki.thephpfactory.com/doku.php?id=jooml...blogfactory:settings) in missing the last two headings, "Categories" and "Component menu"

best regards,
john
The administrator has disabled public write access.

place here your Suggestions-- Best Practices Forum 7 years 6 months ago #12

• Erik F
  • Project Manager
  • Bukarest, Rumänien
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi John,
they were some misplaced chapters there, so in the end we revised the complete documentation and added also some new pages.
Thank you for the feedback!
thePHPfactory Team

place here your Suggestions 7 years 2 months ago #13

• tomi
  • Europe/Bucharest
It would be nice to have a chapter based feature where stories or posts that should be read in a particular order can be read,. Like if people use my blog factory to write fan fiction then they can align their chapters in order without have 10 posts in one page

place here your Suggestions 6 years 4 months ago #14

• Peter H
  • Europe/Bucharest
One thing that would great would for BLOG Factory would be the ability to add a time to the post when replying using the admin page rather than via the Comments page itself.

Currently if you add a comment on the admin page you can select the date but when saving the post it puts a time of 00:00 which places it ahead of the original post being replied to. I have tried manually entering a time after the date selection ,e.g, 08/06.2016 06:53 but when it is saved it still shows as 08/06.2016 00:00.

It's preferable replying or adding comments via the admin page as the comments field on the website itself is very small and doesn't allow formatting of text etc.

Could be that I am doing something wrong?
Last Edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Peter H.

place here your Suggestions 6 years 4 months ago #15

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

Here is a quick tweak (that will be added to the build also), edit [Joomla dir]/administrator/components/com_blogfactory/models/forms/comment.xml and change line:
<field name="created_at" type="calendar" filter="user_utc"/>

to:
<field name="created_at" type="calendar" filter="user_utc" format="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M"/>
thePHPfactory Customer Support

place here your Suggestions 4 years 9 months ago #16

• damien wren
  • Europe/Bucharest
One thing that is primarily missing in BF is that Author name (the most important) is not displayed under the title, though date and category name are displayed. Kindly don't treat this as a premium feature. Author name is an imperative, basic, not a luxury. Won't you agree with me?
  • Page: