Chat Factory is the special Joomla 1.5 extension which allows site users to chat. The main front-end features of Chat Factory are:
- users can enable/disable the chat system
- no need to register: users can chat as guests (if enabled by administrator)
- show/hide offline users from users list (only for registered users)
- registered users can block chat messages from guests
- user avatars: users can upload their own avatar, use Community's Builder avatar (if enabled), or use no avatar at all (only for registered users)
- ignore list: block messages from individual users (only for registered users)
- friends list (only for registered users)
- possibility to share a message (only for registered users)
- possibility to change status: available, busy, invisible (only for registered users)
- implemented emoticons, buzz
- minimize chat windows and preserve position when navigating through the site (only for registered users)
- quick search (only for registered users)
- advertisement area.
Chat Factory 1.2.3 released on December 6, 2010.
- New feature: Chat Factory user plugin; option to delete Chat Factory profiles when deleting users from Joomla.
Chat Factory 1.2.2 released on November 19, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding some cases where the window position was not being restored, renamed a css class that could interfere with other templates, on uploading avatar and not having "Public Front-end" in the "Allowed groups".
Chat Factory 1.2.1 released on September 27, 2010.
- New feature: added class suffix for module.