Chat Factory is the special Joomla 1.5 extension which allows site users to chat. The main front-end features of Chat Factory are:
- users can enable/disable the chat system
- no need to register: users can chat as guests (if enabled by administrator)
- show/hide offline users from users list (only for registered users)
- registered users can block chat messages from guests
- user avatars: users can upload their own avatar, use Community's Builder avatar (if enabled), or use no avatar at all (only for registered users)
- ignore list: block messages from individual users (only for registered users)
- friends list (only for registered users)
- possibility to share a message (only for registered users)
- possibility to change status: available, busy, invisible (only for registered users)
- implemented emoticons, buzz
- minimize chat windows and preserve position when navigating through the site (only for registered users)
- quick search (only for registered users)
- advertisement area
Chat Factory 1.2.0 released on August 27, 2010.
- New feature: Love Factory advanced integration allowing users to chat only if they purchased a Love Factory membership with chat rights (requirements: minimum Love Factory 1.5.0 and Chat Factory 1.2.0).
Chat Factory 1.1.0 released on June 10, 2010.
- New feature: enable/disable chat for registered users and guests.
- New feature: message history.
- Added images to the module.
- Added confirmations on several actions like add or delete friends.
- Optimisation: own jQuery library for no interference with other components.
- Fixed several issues regarding stripping HTML tags on ads, upload avatar, display avatar on userlist, advertisements, visibility of blocked users, session cookie.