Wall Factory is a Joomla! extension which allows developers to create a community website where users can collaborate, share messages, news, videos and images freely.
The best part about Wall Factory is that it makes the world a smaller place and it is free to download and use. No encryption and no limitations whatsoever.
Layout & Themes
- Default responsive template
- Fully customizable CSS
- Every user can create his own wall
- Post messages on walls along with attached media files (photos, audio, documents, embedded videos)
- Users can watch or download media files
- Guest posting
- Commenting system
- Email notifications
- Reporting system for offending posts and comments
- Follow and manage followed walls
- User avatars
- Bookmarking websites (Digg, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Quick search module and plugin
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Configurable profile details (name, gender, birthday, about me)
- Wall name and settings (pagination and notifications)
- Customizable avatar (upload own avatar or use Gravatar or CB avatar)
- Enable/disable available media types (images, videos, mp3 files, URLs, document files)
- Enable and set up avatars
- Allow guests to view or to post on walls
- Enable and set up notifications
- Enable/disable bookmarks
- Enable/disable Gravatar
- Set displayed user title (Joomla! username, wall alias or Joomla! name)
- Enable and set up commenting system
- Restrict certain user groups from creating blogs
- Define the list of banned words
- Allow CB avatars
- Enable and set up ReCaptcha
3rd Party Integrations
- Community Builder integration including a Wall Posts tab plugin
- Social media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, Delicious)
- Embedded video integration (Youtube, MySpace, Vimeo, Metacafe, Howcast)
- 4 email notifications (new post, new reported post, new comment, new reported comment)
- Customizable email templates
- User management
- Reports management
- Customize bookmarking website
- Dashboards containing several statistics and information
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
Wall Factory 3.6.0 released on June 2, 2015.
- Optimisation: redirect user to wall after posting from wall page.
- Several small improvements including fixed issues for redirect to my wall if removing comment from my wall page, error display my wall, wall name save and display, added missing language strings from backend dashboard, translated timestamp strings, profile photo link, check if wall was found error.
Wall Factory 3.5.1 released on December 19, 2014.
- Several display improvements.
- Optimisation: added help buttons on component backend.
- Fixed issue regarding permission for guest users view.
Wall Factory 3.5.0 released on September 8, 2014.
- Responsive Template.
- Joomla 3.3.3 compatibility.
- New component router.
- Added new branding.
Wall Factory 3.1.0 released on May 30, 2014.
- Joomla 3.3.x compatibility.
- Video embedded (removed pop-up for videos).
- Improved search.
- Template display changes (color, added avatars for comments, About me on user's wall).
- Wall Factory Router Plugin optimized for Joomla 3.x.
- More options for post edit (add image, URL, upload mp3, upload file).
Wall Factory 3.0.0 released on March 5, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
Wall Factory 2.3.0 released on March 5, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Fixed issues regarding create backup zip archive, comments navigation, delete reported post, etc.
Wall Factory 2.2.0 released on December 9, 2011.
- New feature: CB Integration (use CB avatar available on My account settings - Avatar page, 'My Wall Posts' Tab on Profile Page.
Wall Factory 2.1.0 released on September 19, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
Wall Factory 2.0.1 released on January 21, 2011.
- New feature: Guest statistics.
- Fixed issue regarding create alias for Chinese language.
Wall Factory 2.0.0 released on January 20, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
Wall Factory 1.1.7 released on January 21, 2011. (available inside the current zip file)
- New feature: Guest statistics.
- Added several files to the installation kit (image, file, mp3, admin, edit).
Wall Factory 1.1.6 released on January 13, 2011.
- Integrated Community Builder for Avatar.
- Added the possibility to allow/deny guests to see wall owners personal info (general account settings).
- Fixed issue regarding a JQuery js line that didn't allow modal window Chrome display.
Wall Factory 1.1.5 released on December 23, 2010.
- Improved MySQl interrogations.
- Fixed several issues regarding post and media update (when using mysql_real_escape_string), CSS definitions, etc.
Wall Factory 1.1.0 released on December 16, 2010.
- Fixed several issues including getimagesize function where URL file access is disabled, managefollowers (view latest post link), menu module (removed and created a standard menu for Joomla), search module and display results, guest comment with reCaptcha, enable Router Plugin (save option in settings Yes/ No), delete posts from backend, etc.
Wall Factory 1.0.0 released on December 8, 2010.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!