RSS Factory PRO can display relevant RSS feeds set from the backend, obtaining a clean way to direct genuine traffic towards the site.
The component combines all the abilities of RSS Factory with a very special feature Import2Content, allowing complete or partial import of specified feeds into your Joomla! content.
Layout & Themes
- Multiple display styles (tiled, list, tabbed, slider)
- Multiple content presentation styles (tooltip, table, modal)
- Default responsive template
- Fully customizable CSS
- Import feeds to content (for each feed, a section and category can be chosen, including the author and publishing period)
- Full article import (add various rules for your feeds, for example you can select to display only the story body and the title of the article)
- Automatic refresh of feeds through Cron or Pseudo Cron
- Users can submit feeds
- Voting system for feeds
- Commenting system
- FavIcons for feeds (pulled from feed sites or custom uploaded)
- Ads integration (display ads of your choice in between feeds)
- Word filter (include/exclude articles that contain certain keywords)
- Automatic unpublishing of erroneous feeds
- FTP protocol for retrieving RSS XMLs
- Permissions management
- Quick search bar
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly (compatible with Artio JoomSEF)
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Unlimited categories and subcategories levels
- Categories navigation module
- Date & Time format (can hide date on feed display)
- Set the number of feeds per page
- Set display styles
- Set up Import2Content (general settings, default article parameters, relevant stories, word filter)
- Enable/disable search form
- Enable and set up commenting system
- Enable ads and set the number of rows to be shown after
- Enable and set up component routing of the links
- Set the number of feeds per page
- Hide or show empty source feeds
- Enable/disable FavIcons
- Hide or show enclosures
- Set up Cron Job and Pseudo Cron
- Enable and set up word filter
- Manage permission settings for all user groups
Modules & Plugins
- Feeds display module with multiple sorting types (date, votes, comments, hits and random)
- Categories navigation module
- 3 Plugins (content, system and search)
- Actions: create new feeds and edit existing ones, manually refresh feeds, publish submitted feeds, etc.
- Overview comments
- Manage ads
- Clear and optimize cache
- Generate and restore backup archives
- Import from CSV (there are sample files in the component archive and in the component admin folder)
- Joomla! 3.x
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- CRON (a general CRON Tutorial is available in our documentation section)
- cURL, GD2, iconv, mbstring libraries enabled
- Will not run together with the free version on the same Joomla! installation
- Fixed several issues involving feed archive deletion and import2content (when the url was automatically modified by the generator on each refresh, although the feedcontent is the same; this fixed will avoid possible dublettes).
rss Factory PRO 1.2.2 released on March 3, 2009.
- New feature: show first X chars from feed content in the module.
- New feature: add multiple categories from textarea.
- New feature: enable/disable read more link.
- Several issues fixed, including itemid on search result, some charset issues, display issue involving js, segmentation fault (11).
rss Factory PRO 1.2.1 released on February 20, 2009.
- Several issues fixed, including MySQL 4 compatibility implicating the import to content function.
rss Factory PRO 1.2.0 released on February 16, 2009.
- New feature: Import Feeds to Content.
- New feature: Archive System.
- Several minor issues fixed.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.8 released on January 23, 2009.
- Several minor issues fixed including apostrophes, search validation, mysql_real_escape_string().
rss Factory PRO 1.0.7released on December 15, 2008.
- Several issues fixed including saving ItemId, feed parsing with domit, IE feed search, modified remote_read_url() function to solve host (curl_errno 6), overlib, etc.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.6 released on November 17, 2008.
- New module feature; in field "Show only category" several categories can now be added separated by ",".
- Fixed issue regarding fireboard incompatibility (function "microtime_float").
rss Factory PRO 1.0.5 released on October 16, 2008.
- Admin strings added to the language file.
- Fixed issues regarding some notices, UTF-8, Show first x Characters, Show category path Base, etc.
- Several code improvements.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.3 released on September 18, 2008.
- New suppress function added for embedded objects or images.
- New Backup/Restore feature to save also the Component Settings.
- Fixed issues regarding table view (overlib, chanellink).
rss Factory PRO 1.0.2 released on September 3, 2008.
- New replace plugin added.
- Several code optimizations
- Fixed issues regarding safemode, empty category redirect loop.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.1 released on September 1, 2008.
- Fixed issues: UTF-8, feeds ordering, admin icon, paginated search, memory limit, template/overlib, other minor issues.
- Several code optimizations.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.0 released on August 8, 2008.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!