Photo Battle Factory provides an easy image voting system, requiring only a single click action for a speedy process.
Photos can be paired together for battles and users will be able to choose which one of them wins the battle by voting their favorite photo.
- Multiple file extensions allowed: png, jpg, jpeg, gif
- Pairing images for battles
- Image voting
- Image description
- Rating system (1-5 or 1-10 stars scaling)
- Guest images upload and voting (no registration needed)
- Email notifications
- Commenting system
- Approval system for images and comments
- Reporting system
- Website specific watermark for images
- Terms and Conditions
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Unlimited categories and subcategories levels
- Custom images for categories
- Category module
- Enable/disable paired and random image battles
- Allow only images from same category to be added in random battles
- Enable/disable image rating
- Enable/disable approval system for images and comments
- Enable/disable guest uploads, comments and votes
- Enable/disable commenting system and set the number of comments per page
- Set the voting scale to either 1-10 or 1-5
- Set the interval (in hours) before a user can vote again
- Set resize values for images and their thumbnails
- Enable/disable watermarks for images
- Set the position of watermarks
Modules & Plugins
- Category navigation module
- Modules that display latest added, last voted, top rated, random images (multiple instances module)
- Module that displays last battle or pairs battle
- Tag cloud module
3rd Party Integrations
- Love Factory integration (profile pictures from the Love Factory extension can be voted through the Hot or Not Factory extension)
- Hot or Not Factory integration
- Email notifications for new media and new comments
- Customizable email templates
- Actions: add new images and edit existing ones, deal with reports, approve images and comments, etc.
- Manage pairs battles
- Overview comments
- Manage notifications
- Reset votes
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
Photo Battle Factory 4.1.0 released on October 22, 2014.
- New feature: product is now responsive.
Photo Battle Factory 4.0.2 released on October 13, 2014.
- New feature: create new random pair battle (if pair battle enabled) from media view.
- Several optimization including update ratings when changing vote scale, prevent users from voting own media.
Photo Battle Factory 4.0.1 released on September 23, 2014.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Added new branding.
Photo Battle Factory 4.0.0 released on January 22, 2014.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
- Added number of votes on listing pages.
Photo Battle Factory 3.1.0 released on February 3, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
Photo Battle Factory 3.0.2 released on January 26, 2012.
- Fixed issues regarding image comments navigation, vote interval for pair battles.
Photo Battle Factory 3.0.1 released on January 11, 2012.
- Script modified to avoid conflicts with other jQuery script variables.
Photo Battle Factory 3.0.0 released on November 17, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issues regarding pop-up after comment, deleting reports, Love Factory integration.
Photo Battle Factory 2.1.2 released on November 9, 2011.
- Improved query for latest battles to avoid multiple queries on page.
- Important database changes: added columns to #__photobattle_pairsvote + tables indexes (changes are at the bottom of file install.mysql.utf8.sql).
- Added a CRON script that must be run in order to update #__photobattle_pairsvote table (we recommend to run this CRON periodically to make sure vote results for latest battles are updated).
Photo Battle Factory 2.1.1 released on October 3, 2011.
- Improved selection for filter approved/not approved images in backend when are used images from Love Factory / Hot or Not Factory.
- Fixed issues regarding guest votes in category Top Won, condition to update a user vote accordingly to days voting interval.
Photo Battle Factory 2.1.0 released on August 30, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
- Fixed issues regarding language files comment symbol # ->, pick random categories only with photos, ordering on categories modules.
Photo Battle Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
Photo Battle Factory 1.2.5 released on November 17, 2010.
- Fixed issue regarding share image link set to pageinfo, displaying unpublished categories in Top Won Categories module, displaying Top Rated Pictures in menu when Ratings are disabled, displaying unpublished categories in Categories To Vote module, admin delete all images, browse: sort by hits/ rank, top rated pictures, etc.
Photo Battle Factory 1.2.4 released on October 18, 2010.
- New feature: added menu for images and pairs.
- Fixed issue on integrations for latest 100 battles and random module.
Photo Battle Factory 1.2.3 released on October 12, 2010.
- New feature: modal window on battle pictures.
- New feature: publish/unpublish option on upload pairs.
- New feature: 'Pending' information for pictures awaiting approve.
- Optimization: improved algorithm on random battles.
- Optimization: improved image resize based on settings and proportions.
- Fixed issues regarding bugs watermark, image reports, view uncategorised, top rated, path to reported images from lovefactory and hotornot, manage comments, rating on pageinfo if rating system disabled.
Photo Battle Factory 1.2.1 released on September 15, 2010.
- New feature: Administrator can set limit for Own Battles pairs per user.
Photo Battle Factory 1.2.0 released on September 15, 2010.
- New feature: Own Battles (enable/disable by admin); where the users can define multiple sets of two images which will go directly to battles.
- Several optimizations and improvements.
Photo Battle Factory 1.0.1 released on August 24, 2010.
- Fixed several issues including count no. of photos in category.
Photo Battle Factory 1.0.0 released on August 6, 2010.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!