Micro Deal Factory is a microworker extension for Joomla! that allows users to sell their services or products through the website.
Sellers come to the site, create an account which links them to a payment gateway, start listing items and go on to sell them. Site owners can earn commissions based on their sales and revenues.
Multiple features facilitate communication between the seller and buyer to make sure they end up satisfied, leading to more sales and more profits for the website.
Layout & Themes
- Fully customizable CSS
- Layout template
- Commissions (keeps a defined percent of the withdrawals requested by users)
- Unique or individually priced deals
- Sidebar displaying categories and a search field
- Full escrow payment system
- Availability options
- Picture upload and image gallery for deals
- Approval system
- Private messaging for all users and also message board between sellers and buyers with specific layout to track discussions for each order
- Commenting system integrated for each deal
- Rating system (Thumbs Up/Down)
- Reporting system for offending deals
- Watchlist (add users to watchlist to receive notifications when they post new deals)
- Admin definable currency
- Set seller level according to the number of processed orders
- Youtube video integration for deals
- Delivery timeframe
- Quantity of items field
- Publish/Unpublish deals
- CRON task (sends email notification for all deals that will expire)
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Configurable account details, including a PayPal and a Moneybookers address for funds extraction
- Request to withdraw earnings
- Display order lists for sold or bought deals
- Unlimited number of categories
- Simple ordering system of the categories using up/down arrows
- Frontend Category sidebar for easy navigation through deals
- Date format
- Unique price set by admin for all deals or Individual prices set by the sellers
- Set the withdraw commission and the minimum withdraw sum
- Set the currency type and its symbol
- Configure pagination for deals, comments and earnings
- Enable/disable the sidebar
- Admin approval of every listing
- Set image width and height
- Set the amount of processed orders needed for each seller level
- Simple search with the use of the sidebar
- Quick search module by categories
- 2 Payment Gateways supported for payments between users using an escrow system: Paypal and Moneybookers/Skrill
Modules & Plugins
- Modules that display latest and random deals (multiple instances module)
- Quick search module by categories
- Tag cloud module
3rd Party Integrations
- Facebook and Twitter buttons available on deals listings
- Multiple email notifications for all important events to users and administrators
- Customizable email templates
- Actions: edit or delete existing deals, deal with reports, manage payments, etc.
- User management
- Dashboard containing several statistics and information
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- CRON (a general CRON Tutorial is available in our documentation section)
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
Micro Deal Factory 2.3.2 released on April 22, 2015.
- Improved search now return deals also after description and tags and not by deal title alone.
Micro Deal Factory 2.3.1 released on December 29, 2014.
- Fixed issue regarding Start and End date for new deal form.
Micro Deal Factory 2.3.0 released on October 31, 2014.
- New feature: product is now responsive.
Micro Deal Factory 2.2.6 released on September 16, 2014.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Added new branding.
Micro Deal Factory 2.2.5 released on August 8, 2014.
- Renamed Extension from "Micro Deal auction Factory" to "Micro Deal Factory".
- Note: Clean install required, no updates for on older versions. Check Forum for 2.2.4 to 2.2.5 update instructions.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.2.4 released on June 11, 2014.
- New feature: added Archive System which includes separate listing for archives, marker (word 'Archived') for deal on its details page, email notification.
- New feature: CRON task (send email notification for all deals that will expire).
- Added a link on user edit profile in order to autocomplete email field with the one used for Joomla registration.
- Display placeholders on settings -> email notifications templates in order to increase them usability.
- Fixed issues regarding replacing placeholders for email notifications subject.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.2.3 released on May 5, 2014.
- Compatibility with Joomla 3.3.x
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.2.2 released on February 18, 2014.
- New feature: "All" option for category search module.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.2.1 released on January 28, 2014.
- New feature: Currency Symbol setting.
- Fixed some minor issues on Joomla beez3 template.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.2.0 released on December 2, 2013.
- New feature: Approval system; notification is sent to admin for approval before articles are shown publicly.
- New feature: Cancel Order; Buyers can now cancel an order, a refund is added to their Microdeal account and the seller earnings are deducted on the site.
- New feature: Watchlist; add users to watchlist and receive notification when they post a new deal. Quick message feature also present on watchlist.
- Multiple layout and code improvements.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.1.1 released on November 11, 2013.
- New feature: added prevention for a case which could lead to losing the joomla root menu on uninstall.
- New feature: Hide start date, Hide end date for the new deal - date fields change accordingly on the My Deals list to show "created date" and "unlimited listing".
- New feature: Tag cloud module.
- Optimised new deal and my deals layout.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.1.0 released on November 5, 2013.
- New feature: Order Tracking Page (each paid order now has a message board between seller and buyer).
- New feature: Order Tracking list (list for all orders received/placed).
- New feature: Instructions Fields (per deal and general field set by admin; both shown on the return page after payment).
- New feature: Youtube Video Field (works with URL, iFrame, mostly any link format as input, or actual video id).
- New feature: Tags - add tags per deal and filtered listing.
- New feature: Timeframe field (set days interval for delivery; relevant time data shown on order tracking).
- Improved the following features: End date is now optional (if set by admin; if empty defaults to year 2030), "Thank you page" (return_url after payment; instructions and useful links now shown), skip gateway select on checkout if only one gateway is enabled, My Deals page (Publish/Unpublish Deal, Post new Deal, Link to orders page, Earnings per deal shown).
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.0.1 released on October 16, 2013.
- Fixed several issues regarding PayPal IPN with verifying receiver_email and removing validateUser(), sending notifications, return & cancel page loading after a payment.
Micro Deal auction Factory 2.0.0 released on March 11, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.8.2 released on September 20, 2012.
- New feature: Settings option to display or hide the sidebar (search+categories).
- Fixed issue regarding upload and resize png images.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.8.1 released on March 28, 2012.
- New feature: backend dashboard.
- New feature: edit deal description.
- Fixed issue regarding saving thumbnail, support for UTF-8 in comments.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.8.0 released on March 22, 2012.
- New feature: unique price/price per deal (admin setting).
- Fixed issues including translatable strings in JS files.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.7.0 released on March 5, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- New feature: Three seller levels
- New feature: Edit/delete comments.
- New feature: added payment gateways.
- New feature: added possibility to order many items per deal.
- New feature: image gallery.
- New feature. added router.php file.
- New feature: edit quantity and end date.
- New module: latest/random deals.
- New profile fields for payment gateways.
- Fixed several issues including disabling comments, JS library, etc.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.1.0 released on December 5, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding rating own deal, only buyers to be able to rate, messaging to owner and replay, JS validation on new deal, thumbnail view on my deal, filtering file extension on upload, uploaded file names, deal counting and quantity on manual payment, IPN, date offset on private messages, CSS, etc.
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.0.1 released on November 21, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding display all users on backend, save settings on different email types, validating the editing of "myprofile".
Micro Deal auction Factory 1.0.0 released on October 21, 2011.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!