Media Mall Factory is a powerful solution to manage the distribution of online media files that can handle third party sellers or artists publishing their media or downloadable goods.
Having a built-in Credit System, authors can earn money from their sale and your website can keep a certain percent.
Web users can easily build tutorial websites, video and picture packs or music selling websites in just a few clicks.
Layout & Themes
- Keep a defined percentage of every sold media
- Pay per contact (users pay in order to contact authors)
- Bonus Credits (award users with extra credits on purchase)
- Multiple supported file types: Audio(mp3), Images(png, jpg, jpeg, gif), Videos(flw, swf, mov, wmf, avi), Archives(zip, rar, gz, bz2, arj, arc, 7z)
- Archives that can be used for tutorials, image packs, music packs and more
- Integrated media players
- Credit System (users purchase credits that can later be used to view/download media files)
- Ratings & reviews system
- Thumbnails (can be generated from media files)
- Category sale (users are able to purchase all media from one category at once)
- Free media allowed
- Messaging system for buyers and authors
- Admin definable currency
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Configurable account details, including a PayPal address used for funds withdrawal
- Displays various information for users: credits balance, invoices, messages and more
- Allows authors to withdraw or convert funds
- Displays various information for authors: media stats, balance history, sales history and more
- Enable/disable notifications for received reviews and media sales
- Unlimited categories and subcategories levels
- Add restrictions for various actions (edit own media, auto approve media, etc.)
- Choose author usergroups
- Define the percentage that authors receive from sales
- Limit number of uploads
- Allow guests to download free media
- Admin approval of every media
- Enable/disable unlimited media views upon purchase
- Enable/disable category sale
- Define view time limit (amount of time allocated for the user to view a media file without being extra charged)
- Credits options (contact cost, initial credits, credits/currency rate)
- Define used currency
- Enable/disable media generated thumbnails
- Set up thumbnail sizes
- Several Payment Gateways supported for payments towards the site: Paypal, Moneybookers/Skrill, Sagepay, Authorize.Net
- API available for integration of 3rd party payment gateways for payments towards the site
- Funds retrieval by authors using a PayPal address field provided by the component
Modules & Plugins
- Modules that display latest added, top downloaded, top rated media (multiple instances module)
- Content and search plugins
- 3 notifications for important events to users
- Customizable email templates
- Actions: create new media and edit existing ones, manage payments, etc.
- Create and manage the available media types
- User management
- Dashboard containing several statistics and information
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
- Users will need an installed player supporting video files like mov, wmf, avi etc. on their local machine in order to play them
media Mall Factory 4.0.2 released on September 12, 2014.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Added new branding.
- Fixed several small issues.
media Mall Factory 4.0.1 released on August 14, 2014.
- Fixed several issues with FactoryForm.
media Mall Factory 4.0.0 released on August 26, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
- New feature: implemented max. file upload limit to be set in backend.
media Mall Factory 3.3.5 released on June 26, 2013.
- Fixed issues regarding settings display when caching is enabled, edit user profile on backend.
media Mall Factory 3.3.4 released on December 7, 2012.
- Fixed issues including top rated, media list, view media, invoices, contact author, - user placing an order before profile was created (if admin marked order as completed, no credits were added to the user).
media Mall Factory 3.3.3 released on December 3, 2012.
- Fixed issues including thumbnails on categories, details page, uploads, edit media, etc.
media Mall Factory 3.3.2 released on October 12, 2012.
- Improved layout on backend.
media Mall Factory 3.3.0 released on October 8, 2012.
- New and improved code-base.
media Mall Factory 3.2.0 released on March 27, 2012.
- New feature: nested categories using Joomla's categories.
- New feature:unlimited media views after purchase (backend option).
- New feature:category purchases.
- New feature:native Joomla menu items.
- Several code improvements.
- Fixed several issues including component's jQuery interfering with other components using jQuery, added description in tooltip on the browse media page, search plugin, saving categories and media, payment amount with decimals, categories.
media Mall Factory 3.1.0 released on February 8, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
media Mall Factory 3.0.0 released on December 14, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issue regarding backend payment gateways page.
media Mall Factory 2.1.1 released on October 25, 2011.
- Updated Paypal's IPN validation process (to upgrade, overwrite [Joomla dir]/administrator/components/com_mediamall/plugins/payment/paypal.php with: [archive]/plugins/payment/paypal.php).
media Mall Factory 2.1.0 released on August 26, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
media Mall Factory 2.0.1 released on June 14, 2011.
- New feature: added back link on the View Media page.
- Fixed issue regarding ItemId's.
media Mall Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
media Mall Factory 1.2.0 released on October 28, 2010.
- New feature: Payment Gateway Plugins.
- Implemented Payment gateways: Paypal, Moneybookers, Sagepay, Authorize.
media Mall Factory 1.0.5 released on April 20, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding 'category' Parameter SQL injection vulnerability, sef 404 with ajax loading content, uploading.
media Mall Factory 1.0.4 released on April 9, 2010.
- New feature: Payment History.
- New feature: users are able to edit media (enable/disable from backend)
- New feature: CB Community Builder tab to shows Purchased Media List and My Media Stats (check inside the downloadkit, install manually).
- added animation on upload.
media Mall Factory 1.0.3 released on March 18, 2010.
- New feature: added 2 restrictions (groups of users can upload only free media and groups of users have limited uploads).
- New feature: CB Community Builder tab to show My Files (check inside the download kit, install manually).
media Mall Factory 1.0.2 released on January 22, 2010.
- New feature: Search Plugin.
- Improved sort media by author.
- Thumbnail created automatically from media file, if media is image and no valid thumbnail is supplied.
- Fixed several issues regarding vmw playing issue in Firefox, uploader can't buy his own media, etc.
media Mall Factory 1.0.1 released on December 7, 2009.
- New feature: added Latest Added module, Top Rated module and Top Downloads module.
- New feature: purchased media list for users, menu module.
- Fixed issues regarding Paypal currency hard coded, changed default Paypal link from sandbox to live.
media Mall Factory 1.0.0 released on April 23, 2009.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!