jAnswers Factory provides the perfect Question and Answers solution for the Joomla! CMS integrating features from the well know Yahoo Answers system.
Layout & Themes
- Pay per question
- Pay for featured question (gold, silver)
- Pay per contact
- Multiple question statuses: Open questions, Undecided questions, Answered questions
- User points system based on various events (user log ins, question asked, question answered, etc.)
- User levels for specific amounts of points
- Thumbs up/down rating system for answers
- Commenting system
- Featured questions (Gold and Silver)
- File attachments for questions and answers
- HTML tags for question details and answers
- Favorite questions lists
- Reporting system for offending questions/answers
- Activity snapshot
- Avatar upload
- Question ending countdown
- Social media sharing (Facebook and Twitter)
- RSS feed
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Configurable account details (name, address, contact information, etc.)
- Avatar upload
- Various account statistics and information
- Activity snapshot
- Questions listing (asked, answered, favorite)
- Unlimited categories and subcategories levels
- Easy ordering
- Category navigation module
- Date & Time format
- Manage permission settings for groups (ask question, answer question, vote answers, etc.)
- Enable/disable points system
- Availability options (days questions will be up for answers, days kept in archive)
- Enable/disable comments
- Set maximum and minimum length of questions
- Enable and set up attachments
- Allow HTML in question details and answers
- Set resize values for avatars
- Enable/disable social buttons (Facebook, Twitter) and RSS Feeds
- Maximum number of tags allowed
- Enable and set up ReCaptcha
- Advanced questions search using various criteria: keyword, category, status, etc.
- Several Payment Gateways supported for payments towards the site: Paypal, Moneybookers/Skrill, 2Checkout
Modules & Plugins
- Category navigation module
- Modules that display latest, popular, open, random, featured questions (multiple instances module)
- Top contributors module (users ordered by the number of answers, votes or points)
- Tag cloud module
- Search plugin
3rd Party Integrations
- Community Builder integration including a statistics plugin
- Social media sharing (Facebook and Twitter)
- Over 15 Email notifications for all important events to users and administrators
- Customizable email templates
- Overview questions
- Deal with reports
- Import questions from CSV
- Export questions to XLS
- Full component backup and restore
- User management
- Payments management
- Dashboard containing several statistics and information
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- CRON (a general CRON Tutorial is available in our documentation section)
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
jAnswers Factory 4.0.2 released on August 14, 2014.
- Compatibility with Joomla 3.3.x.
- Added new branding.
jAnswers Factory 4.0.1 released on December 2, 2013.
- Fixed issue regarding featured questions.
jAnswers Factory 4.0.0 released on March 11, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
jAnswers Factory 3.2.0 released on October 2, 2012.
- New feature: Facebook and Twitter integration.
- New feature: Comments for questions and answers.
- New feature: RSS feeds for questions and answers.
- New feature: Filter for answered or unanswered questions.
- New feature: Search plugin.
- New feature: set minimum length of a question.
- SEF, ACL, Frontend & Backend improvements.
jAnswers Factory 3.1.1 released on July 20, 2012.
- Added new product template.
jAnswers Factory 3.1.0 released on February 22, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Fixed several issues including edit/save profile, open question from backend, enable/disable payment items and gateways, XLS export, level display, user status, manage tags, title on notifications, etc.
jAnswers Factory 3.0.0 released on November 25, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issues regarding pay2_checkout save settings, admin model events, missing publish/unpublish images in backend.
jAnswers Factory 2.1.0 released on September 19, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
jAnswers Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
- New feature: display level and point beneath the avatar.
- New feature: extended watching category options.
jAnswers Factory 1.3.2 released on January 25, 2011.
- Improved install/uninstall code (resolving issues with FTP layer).
- Fixed several issues regarding questions category and tag filtering, building links in Tag cloud module, displaying user's description in his profile, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.3.1 released on November 16, 2010.
- Fixed issues regrading filter questions by category, html formatting modified on admin edit question page, filters were not kept from one page to another (when listing search results), several listing problems (when filtering questions on frontend and backend).
jAnswers Factory 1.3.0 released on October 28, 2010.
- New feature: Upload files as attachments for questions and/or answers.
- New feature: Tags management in administration area.
- New feature: Extending questions expiry date.
- New feature: change Time format.
- New feature: Topic Contributors module.
- Optimizations: several database query improvements.
- Fixed issues regarding category module links, jquery-mootools conflict in category module, visible buttons according to user's group rights, editor instead of textarea when allowing html in answer was set to "No", router.php (selecting wrong Itemid), category search, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.5 released on July 28, 2010.
- New feature: added 2checkout payment gateway.
- New feature: min. and max. length for tags to be displayed (as Tag-Cloud module options).
- New feature: on backend, for undecided questions, a new button for each answer, so it can be chosen as best answer.
- Fixed several issues including Tag-cloud, category module (items counter), backend counting answers, display frontend "best answer chosen by", frontend question countdown, voting buttons, add/remove from favorites, search by tag, wrong display for question status, watch category when SEF enabled.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.4 released on May 25, 2010.
- Fixed several issues including CRON services, display for UTF-8 characters in category-tree module, redirect for guests (when adding questions to favorites), wrong input processing on systems with "magic quotes" enabled, fatal error on "remove from watchlist", display for "watchlisted" questions, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.3 released on April 28, 2010.
- New feature: reCAPTCHA validation on questions/answers submit.
- New feature: anti-spoofing tokens in forms that submit questions/answer.
- New feature: allow HTML tags in questions' details field or in answers; added settings values to allow only the desired HTML tags and attributes for those tags (white-list filtering), this way preventing XSS forgeries.
- Fixed several issues including adding new category, editing user profile in backend, inserting embedded code in questions/answers (youtube movies), multi-language sites compatibilities, truncated diacritics in questions and saved wrong into the db, mis-replacing diacritics when building the SEF links, saving T&C in admin not working for texts with quotes (unescaped input), uninstall all files, reCaptcha on asking questions, preview on answering and editing, deleting answers, date on listing questions, back button on upload avatar.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.2 released on March 23, 2010.
- New feature: send a email notification to the administrator when a new questions is asked.
- New feature: Watch categories.
- Fixed several issues regarding email notifications, delete mail table on restore, listing questions order by start_date desc, MySQL 4 incompatibility, template set_css, report question/answer, vote answer, editing non-existing profile, user level calculation, payments, set featured (in admin), import csv, upload avatar, edit category backend, category list module, total questions, filtering according to the selected category in module, upgraded JQuery version and JQuery tree version plugin for module.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.1 released on March 18, 2010.
- New feature: Backup/Restore
- Fixed several issues regarding reported questions/answers, events, levels, sql install.
jAnswers Factory 1.1.0 released on March 3, 2010.
- New feature: Points/Events system.
- New feature: Permissions/Levels (according to the number of points).
- New feature: nested set Category model (for a higher scalability).
- New feature: added possibility to implement own plugins based on the component predefined events (at this time 5 events are implemented).
- New feature: Answer more then once; users are allowed to answer a question several times (administrator option, enable/disable).
- Improved code and SQL queries for better performance.
- Fixed some issues regarding SQL, saving answers, display date answers, choose best answer, favorites, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.7released on February 9, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding SEO and non-seo links behaviour, permissions, user notification on own question, profile saving, table indexes, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.6 released on July 5, 2009.
- XHTML 1.0 transitional compliant
- Improved SQL queries
- Improved search after TAGS
- Fixed issues when "select" multiple tags (with lots of "options", like those for users or categories), edit questions containing ' and " (on frontend and backend), treeview module (changed from YUI to jquery), install of treeview module, tagcloud module (if no tag exists).
jAnswers Factory 1.0.5 released on June 26, 2009.
- New feature: "voting answers" permissions (public, registered, special); for "voting answers" set on public: option to store the guest vote in a cookie, preventing multiple voting.
- Fixed issues regarding "escaped" question on display, voting system, terms and conditions link, user rights notice, admin edit question containing '"' in the title, db tables indexes, some xhtml compliances.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.4 released on June 16, 2009.
- Fixed issues regarding SEF and router.php file, about page on backend, improved coding, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.3 released on June 3, 2009.
- New feature: Public/Registred/Special statuses for different actions.
- New Feature: CB Plugin.
- Added possibility for users to edit their questions and add/remove answers from the backend for administrator.
- Fixed several issues including categories display, cb issues, formatting of answers, username display, TAG search and SEF, etc.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.2 released on May 28, 2009.
- Fixed several issues including saving profile information, status fields, removed notices.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.1 released on May 18, 2009.
jAnswers Factory 1.0.0 released on April 17, 2009.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!