Hot or Not Factory is an image voting and rating system for Joomla!.
Users can upload pictures that others can rate and vote with just one click.
- Multiple file extensions allowed: png, jpg, jpeg, gif
- Image voting
- Image description
- Rating system (1-5 or 1-10 stars scaling)
- Guest images upload and voting (no registration needed)
- Email notifications
- Commenting system
- Approval system for images and comments
- Reporting system
- Website specific watermark for images
- Terms and Conditions
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Unlimited categories and subcategories levels
- Custom images for categories
- Category module
- Enable/disable approval system for images and comments
- Enable/disable guest uploads, comments and votes
- Enable/disable commenting system and set the number of comments per page
- Set the voting scale to either 1-10 or 1-5
- Set the interval (in hours) before a user can vote again
- Set resize values for images and their thumbnails
- Enable/disable watermarks for images
- Set the position of watermarks
Modules & Plugins
- Category navigation module
- Modules that display latest added, last voted, top rated, random images (multiple instances module)
- Tag cloud module
3rd Party Integrations
- Love Factory integration (profile pictures from the Love Factory extension can be voted through the Hot or Not Factory extension)
- Email notifications for new media and new comments
- Customizable email templates
- Actions: add new images and edit existing ones, deal with reports, approve images and comments, etc.
- Overview comments
- Manage notifications
- Reset votes
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
HOT or NOT Factory 4.1.0 released on October 22, 2014.
- New feature: product template is now responsive.
HOT or NOT Factory 4.0.2 released on October 13, 2014.
- Several optimization including display image minimum height and weight restriction when uploading a image, update ratings when changing vote scale, prevent users from voting own media.
HOT or NOT Factory 4.0.1 released on September 23, 2014.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Added new branding.
HOT or NOT Factory 4.0.0 released on January 10, 2014.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
- Renamed extension without "Deluxe", since the simple version was discontinued.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 3.1.1 released on June 11, 2014.
- Updated rank calculation and display.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 3.1.0 released on January 31, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Updated installation manifests to upgrade method.
- Added number of votes to listing.
- Added average rating on image show page.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 3.0.1 released on January 19, 2012.
- New feature: module option for "Categories" and "Categories to Vote" modules to show/hide the uncategorised link.
- Fixed issues regarding pagination, show photo link not working properly when SEF activated.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 3.0.0 released on November 28, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issues regarding pagination on backend images, sfxclass missing on frontend module.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 2.1.0 released on August 19, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 2.0.1 released on April 20, 2011.
- Improvement: redirect to Top Rated (when no more images to vote)
- Fixed issues regarding category setcookie for task category, show random image as menu item, etc.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.8 released on August 29, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding image approval system, Love Factory integration, image not showing with SEF enabled and menu item created (not menu module).
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.7 released on April 20, 2011.
- Improvement: redirect to Top Rated (when no more images to vote)
- Fixed issues regarding category setcookie for task category, etc.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.6 released on January 10, 2011.
- New feature: added the category name to the page title when viewing the category pictures.
- Fixed issues regarding guests comments not being deleted or approved in the backend area, setcookie on category.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.5 released on May 18, 2010.
- New feature: added possibility for administrators to change the image category.
- New feature: added module class suffix for all the modules.
- Fixed issues regarding Love Factory integration to hide private photos or only for friends photos, comments for guests photos will appear in administrators manage comments section.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.4 released on April 20, 2010.
- New feature: added the possibility to select the Itemid used for the modules links.
- Fixed issue regarding upload page when using own menu, new paragraph in comments show as "n"; some links that redirected to homepage instead to a new image.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.3 released on March 3, 2010.
- Fixed issue regarding display category icon, ajax comments, missing language strings to the language file, users being able to vote a higher rating than the maximum scale top.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.2 released on February 10, 2010.
- New feature: added Top Rated in the Categories module.
- Fixed issues regarding Love Factory integration, BMP files, redirect not logged in users to login page when trying to upload and only logged in users are allowed to upload, notification when trying to upload a file too large, use full path for urls.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.1 released on December 9, 2009.
- New feature: possibility to edit the image description from the backend.
- New feature: added confirmation and error messages after voting.
- Fixed issues regarding saving image details from the backend (and no tags were entered), php and mysql different timezones issue.
HOT or NOT Deluxe Factory 1.0.0 released on October 15, 2009.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!