Show usernames instead full/real names 11 months 3 weeks ago #1

• HS
  • Localtime: 11:08
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hi!

Is it possible to show usernames instead real names in the wall (posts and profiles)?
Switched on the automatic profile fill and selected user name there, but still - real names are shown.

I use the latest version of WallFactory.

Most of people would like to stay some kind of anonymous and not use their real names as posting on to the wall.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Show usernames instead full/real names 11 months 3 weeks ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

Users can update what name appears from the Wall Factory profile section.

If you enable auto fill profile from settings and select username as profile name, new users will automatically use the username as default name. Old users, will use whatever name is entered in the profile section.

Users concerned about their privacy can update their name in the profile section.
thePHPfactory Customer Support
Last Edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by Alexandru.

Show usernames instead full/real names 11 months 3 weeks ago #3

• HS
  • Europe/Bucharest
OK, but can I force the wall and profile names to displayed as usernames? Or maybe it is possible to anonymize the names/usernames displayed - like ********* as the name or something?

In our country the user real name or other personal data is like holy grail. People will jump out of the window and commit suicide probably, if their personal data displayed on some web site.

I would like to use the WallFactory to make some sort of wishlist board - but it should not contain user real names. Of course site admins will see the user real names etc - and this is not a issue.

In short, I would like to achieve that basic users will not see each other profile details (real name and other personal data).

Show usernames instead full/real names 11 months 3 weeks ago #4

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Yes, it is possible to achieve that, but unfortunately, this is not implemented in the current release and there isn't an easy tweak for it.
thePHPfactory Customer Support

Show usernames instead full/real names 11 months 3 weeks ago #5

• HS
  • Europe/Bucharest
OK! No problem, if it is possible to add this functionality on the future releases :)