How to link menu items to blog factory categories 2 months 2 days ago #1

• David L
  • Localtime: 11:08
  • Europe/Bucharest
PHP 7.2
Joomla 3.9.6
Blog Factory 4.4.1

Hi,
Great component, it has solved a lot of problems I was having with finding a frontend user friendly blog system. After following the detailed online documentation the component and plugins are all set up, but I have a problem trying to figure out the following:

I have 6 Blog Categories set up under Blog Factory component menu in the admin. Ideally I would like to create a Main Menu link to these categories and allow users to post directly onto that page.
However, the Blog Factory menu link options do not appear to allow what I need. Is there a way to achieve creating a menu link to a blog specific category using the Blog factory options? Or can the category only be chosen when adding an article using the dropdown options.
Alternatively, I see that you can create Blogs in the component and perhaps add a link that way. But, ony one blog can belong to the Super User so it it not possible this way either.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by David L. Reason: typos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to link menu items to blog factory categories 2 months 2 days ago #2

• Alexandru
  • Senior Developer
  • Bucharest
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello!

If you create a Posts menu item, you have the option to display posts only from a specific category by using the "Category filter" option.

Is this what you are looking for? Or do you want a Category menu item that displays a list (with links to the posts) of all the categories?
thePHPfactory Customer Support

How to link menu items to blog factory categories 2 months 1 day ago #3

• David L
  • Europe/Bucharest
Hello Alexadru,

Thankyou for your reply. A category menu item to each category generating a page on which to post would be the best option. For example,
Blog menu with the folowing options
Widgets link (to widgets category blog page - shows widget blog entries)
Gadgets link (to gadgets category blog page - shows gadget blog entries)
Sprockets link (to sprockets category blog page - shows sprockets blog entries)

Menu item to widgets page have a post article option - posts appear on widgets page
Menu item to gadgets page with a post article option - posts appear on gadgets page
Menu item to sprockets page with a post article option - posts appear on sprockets page

General blog page that shows all blogs with a category filter is also needed. so "Category menu item that displays a list (with links to the posts) of all the categories?" yes this would work

Regards
David
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by David L. Reason: clarity

How to link menu items to blog factory categories 1 month 3 weeks ago #4

• David L
  • Europe/Bucharest
I see now that the user creates a blog when they are registered. This one off blog belongs to that owner I believe and they can post articles within it and choose from the categories that are made in the backend. This is fine.
Many thanks