eBook Factory is an automated Joomla! Extension that allows site owners to create targeted PDF files, structured like eBooks, PDF catalogues or PDF directories, using your website content.
eBook Factory renders as PDF the website's content items in a matter of minutes and stores it on your server, in order to have it ready for download or newsletter mailings.
- Render PDF files with chapters and subchapters directly to your server
- Cover image
- Page numbering
- Customizable format (margins, columns, fonts, colors)
- Automatic Table of Content generation
- Use categories and sub-categories as chapter titles
- Editable introduction, index, colaborations, copyright, credits and acknowledgement pages
- Password protection for PDFs
- Front-end support
- Module that displays a set amount of eBooks
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Hide chapters and subchapters numbering
- Set distances for columns, images, header and footer
- Set default font and its size
- Enable/disable tables rendering (please take note that this feature has limited support)
- Manage permission settings for user groups (frontend access, backend access, backend settings)
- Enable/disable if articles are parsed by Joomla! content plugins
- Set template for articles
3rd Party Integrations
- Create new eBooks and edit existing ones
- Render eBooks
- Publish/Unpublish eBooks on frontend
- Joomla! 3.x
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
eBook Factory 4.2.0 released on October 17, 2014.
- New feature: product is now responsive.
- Added Japanese language. Users must have CJK fonts installed for their pdf reader.
- Fixed issues regarding articles titles spacing, Settings were not being displayed correctly when caching was enabled, K2 categories plugin, K2splitter, Japanese language support.
eBook Factory 4.1.2 released on September 16, 2014.
- New feature: when adding a new item to eBook, items from category can be filtered by name.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Renamed component installation manifest file.
- Added new branding.
- Fixed boolean form field.
eBook Factory 4.1.1 released on April 16, 2014.
- New feature: added option to render each article on a new page.
- New feature: added sorting options for articles and categories for content plugin.
- Fixed issue with spaces in bold text.
eBook Factory 4.1.0 released on October 22, 2013.
- New feature: Plugin for K2.
- Upgraded to latest TCPDF version.
- Added RTL support when generating the PDF.
- Added limited tag support for tables, supporting the following tags: <a>, <b>, <i>.
eBook Factory 4.0.0 released on April 5, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
eBook Factory 3.2.5 released on January 7, 2013.
- New feature: individual text color for cover pages.
- Fixed issue regarding Virtuemart plugin not showing all categories.
eBook Factory 3.2.4 released on October 17, 2012.
- New feature: MijoShop plugin implemented.
- New feature: option for MijoShop plugin to set the maximum height and width for the thumbnails.
- Fixed issues regarding transparent PNGs, Virtuemart not showing all categories.
eBook Factory 3.2.3 released on October 11, 2012.
- New feature: renders eBook name in header.
- New feature: show latest added items on the add items page.
- Fixed issue regarding new lines in plugins.
eBook Factory 3.2.2 released on July 19, 2012.
- New feature: Joomla extension manager component upgrade.
- New feature: added the possibility when adding all items from a category, to add all items from the subcategories also.
- Added support for the "vertical-align" style declaration on images.
eBook Factory 3.2.1 released on July 10, 2012.
- New feature: added HTML headers tag rendering.
- New feature: added page break using the <hr class="page-break" /> tag.
- Fixed issue regarding table margins and alignment, rendering tables with long text and nested lists.
eBook Factory 3.2.0 released on June 20, 2012.
- Improved extension backend.
- Fixed issues regarding nested lists, https links, save covers formatting, case sensitive view filename under Linux, rendering on default template, words spacing when font is bold and not monospaced.
eBook Factory 3.1.0 released on January 31, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
eBook Factory 3.0.0 released on December 14, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- New feature: added limited table support (all HTML tags inside tables will be ignored and displayed as simple text).
- New feature: option to hide chapters and subchapters numbering.
- Fixed issues regarding chapter title on new page if there isn't enough space left, fatal memory info on settings page, etc.
eBook Factory 2.1.0 released on August 22, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
- Fixed issues regarding cover image, plugin file include case sensitive file name on Linux, etc.
eBook Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
- New feature: resize images on their "height" and "width" attributes (enable/disable).
eBook Factory 1.6.5 released on December 21, 2010.
- Improved the way sections and categories are used as chapters or subchapters.
- Fixed issues regarding cover page text not appearing on the ebook properties page, PDF lock on is not saved when is set to disabled.
eBook Factory 1.6.4 released on November 2, 2010.
- New feature: resize images on their "height" and "width" attributes (enable/disable).
- Fixed issue regarding unpublished products from Virtuemart being rendered.
eBook Factory 1.6.3 released on May 18, 2010.
- New feature: render each VM item on a new column (only for multi-column ebooks).
- Fixed issue regarding ebook properties: section, category and item usage displayed incorrectly, notice old_src not defined when rendering ebook, displaying article author, processing bold and italic for VM plugin, listing bullets.
eBook Factory 1.6.2 released on March 18, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding some characters not properly rendered, strip inline style definitions, allow guest users to download ebooks, text area display in admin of index, cover, copyright, credits, ack. and intro pages showing the same text, adding Virtuemart products from subcategories, full URL for VM product images.
eBook Factory 1.6.1 released on February 23, 2010.
- New Feature: Front-end Module to display by administrator selected files and offer them for download.
eBook Factory 1.6.0 released on December 7, 2009.
- New Feature: Front-end usage for users. (enable/disable)
- Fixed several issues.
eBook Factory 1.5.1 released on September 4, 2009.
- Improved language support, by adding all constants to the language file.
- Fixed some issues regarding   spaces and special character spaces.
eBook Factory 1.5.0 released on July 15, 2009.
- Joomla 1.5 Support (Joomla 1.0 support discontinued, available only till version 1.3.x)
- New PDF generator.
- New feature: select link color.
eBook Factory 1.3.3 released on April 15, 2009.
- Fixed issue regarding UTF-8 (Umlaute), add item, preview, pdf filename, article sorting save (up & down arrows), no new page on certain conditions.
eBook Factory 1.3.2 released on February 8, 2009.
- Improved handling for sites with significant amount of content.
- Fixed issue when generating PDF under IE.
eBook Factory 1.3.1 released on December 12, 2008.
- Fixed several issues regarding PNG issue on alpha channel, storage path, preview item, cover images.
eBook Factory 1.3.0 released on December 2, 2008.
- New feature: Plugin for VirtueMart.
- New feature: Plugin for Auction Factory.
- Fixed issue regarding multiple images.
eBook Factory 1.1.0 released on Octomber 18, 2008.
- New feature: Password protected EBooks (PDF).
- New feature: Locked PDF.
- Added portrait/landscape orientation.
- Added Mambot processing support.
- Several issues fixed, better image processing - JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.
eBook Factory 1.0.1 released on May 7, 2007.
- Fixed issues with some foreign character sets in admin part (add item).
- Fixed issue regarding adding Static Content.
- Fixed issue with Servers with safe mode on.
eBook Factory 1.0.0 released on May 2, 2007.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!