Chat Factory is an online chat extension (Ajax driven) for Joomla! allowing users to chat regardless of the page they are on.
The chat window accompanies them on every page they are browsing, and they can stay in touch with each other.
Layout & Themes
- Various different themes (Blitzer, Flick, Le-frog, Smoothness, Ui-lightness)
- Compact or detailed list display
- Fully customizable CSS
- Advertisements (displayed on the main chat window)
- IM Ads (popup windows displayed on user login or on a set interval)
- Users can enable/disable the chat system
- Minimize chat windows and preserve position when navigating through the site
- Guests are allowed to chat (if enabled from backend)
- Online and Offline messages (users will receive offline messages when they log in)
- Changeable user status (available, busy, away, invisible)
- File transfers between users
- Friends list
- Ignore list (blocks messages from individual users)
- Group conversation
- Share message
- User avatars (own uploaded avatar or Community's Builder avatar if available)
- Customizable emoticons
- Sound notifications (received message, buzz, friend login)
- Message history
- Quick search for users
- Multi-language support, UTF-8 support, comes default with English INI language files
- SEO/SEF friendly
- Default integration with Joomla! user profile, allowing a single login for Joomla! and component
- Easy transition to RTL
- Simple installation, configuration and updating process
- Manage permission settings for groups (frontend access, change nickname, change avatar, send files, etc.)
- Set the default status of the chat for registered users and guests
- Enable/disable if links from messages are transformed in html anchors
- Enable/disable advertisements and IM ads
- Add banned words which will be filtered on chat
- Refresh intervals (users list update, messages check, registered offline, etc.)
- Enable and set up throttles in order to avoid server overload
- Enable/disable notification sounds
- Set up Cron Jobs
Modules & Plugins
- Chat module that toggles the online/offline status and the actual window
- User and system plugins
3rd Party Integrations
- Community Builder
- Love Factory
- Emoticons management (custom emoticons can be added)
- Advertisements management
- Check messages history
- Joomla! 3.x
- PHP (min. 5.3.0)
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- CRON (a general CRON Tutorial is available in our documentation section)
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled
Chat Factory 4.3.4 released on September 16, 2014.
- New feature: product is now responsive.
- Updated cron job file.
- Optimisation: added help buttons on component backend.
- Removed deprecated classes and methods.
- Renamed component installation manifest file.
- Added new branding.
- Fixed issues regarding boolean form field, Love Factory integration.
Chat Factory 4.3.3 released on April 14, 2014.
- Updated emoticons to store longer text.
Chat Factory 4.3.2 released on January 9, 2014.
- Fixed several small issues including language files, last IM ad served timestamp, default status message for new users, updated the preferences window to be resizeable.
Chat Factory 4.3.1 released on November 29, 2013.
- New feature: show latest x messages from chat conversation when reloading or navigation to another page.
Chat Factory 4.3.0 released on September 30, 2013.
- New feature: Group conversations.
- New feature: File transfers.
- New feature: Banned words list.
- Several improvements in order to reduce the server load: throttle the requests to get new messages; inactivity interval (disable all communications with the server).
Chat Factory 4.0.0 released on April 1, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
- Redesigned component interface.
Chat Factory 3.1.1 released on August 22, 2012.
- New feature: added possibility to play a sound file when receiving a new message (admin enable/disable).
Chat Factory 3.1.0 released on January 31, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Fixed issue regarding links when using SEF.
Chat Factory 3.0.0 released on November 25, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issue regarding spam protection (messages per minute), uninstall module issue.
Chat Factory 2.1.1 released on August 24, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding mod_rewrite when SEF enabled, multi-language site and IE (links were being redirected), Love Factory integration (members map and radius search page), scrolling on chat window jQuery 1.6.2, chat windows positions stored in cookie (different paths), module language file installation, module missing language strings.
Chat Factory 2.1.0 released on August 18, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
Chat Factory 2.0.2 released on April 12, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding display under IE9 and Opera, chat history container (bottom line), Community Builder (not using thumb avatar).
Chat Factory 2.0.1 released on March 11, 2011.
- New feature: Love Factory integration on restricting same gender interactions (when integrated and enabled from Love Factory).
Chat Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
Chat Factory 1.2.3 released on December 6, 2010.
- New feature: Chat Factory user plugin; option to delete Chat Factory profiles when deleting users from Joomla.
- Fixed issues regarding Chat Factory and Love Factory integration (users added to ignore list in Love Factory), user profile deleted after logout.
Chat Factory 1.2.2 released on November 19, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding some cases where the window position was not being restored, renamed a css class that could interfere with other templates, on uploading avatar and not having "Public Front-end" in the "Allowed groups".
Chat Factory 1.2.1 released on September 27, 2010.
- New feature: added class suffix for module.
Chat Factory 1.2.0 released on August 27, 2010.
- New feature: Love Factory advanced integration allowing users to chat only if they purchased a Love Factory membership with chat rights (requirements: minimum Love Factory 1.5.0 and Chat Factory 1.2.0).
Chat Factory 1.1.0 released on June 10, 2010.
- New feature: enable/disable chat for registered users and guests.
- New feature: message history.
- Added images to the module.
- Added confirmations on several actions like add or delete friends.
- Optimisation: own jQuery library for no interference with other components.
- Fixed several issues regarding stripping HTML tags on ads, upload avatar, display avatar on userlist, advertisements, visibility of blocked users, session cookie.
Chat Factory 1.0.0 released on May 18, 2010.
Take a moment to check out the product demo-server under:
For testing purposes we provide the demo-server, where testers can access the frontend but also the backend area.
Usually most of the important features are available on the demo-server, less some particular features including the payment plugins (if the extension in case has these features) which are disabled. Note please that for extensions supporting Smarty templates the display is fully customizable through own product templates, else the display remains still flexible and offers the possibility to be matched with the site template through CSS.
Please note that the demo-server is reseted hourly, meaning that the initial values will be set and any change made during testing will be erased.
Since we offer our extensions without encryption in order to offer maximum flexibility for each webmaster, we cannot offer any trial versions. Without encryption each webmaster can modify our code in order to suit his own further requirements and by respecting our Terms&Conditions.
For a better product insight we recommend to check the product documentation available under:
Simply decide on your own after checking the extension demo and documentation.
If you have any specific questions don't hesitate to contact us.
For product information use the available form on the Contact Us page.
Thank you for the interest in our products!